The world is experiencing an unprecedented event with the COVID-19 global pandemic. The travel and tourism industries are devastated and how we travel has changed.
Like so many small, independent family-run businesses our future and livelihood is very uncertain. One thing remains the same – our dedication to providing an enjoyable, comfortable and relaxing place to stay. The health and safety of our guests is our top priority. We sincerely thank you for choosing to stay with us – it means the world to us.
Be at home at the Banbridge is our tagline and our genuine goal. A home away from home while traveling is all the more important during these times. We want to reassure all guests that the comfort and safety you feel when in your own home is what we provide for you when you stay at the Banbridge.
Please be advised of the following changes to our mode of operation:
We are only renting our lovely One Bedroom Apartments.
We are no longer renting our eight Standard motel rooms (with two double beds). If you have a pre-existing reservation in this room type you have the option for a free upgrade to one of our Apartments or a refund if the reservation is cancelled within our cancellation policy.
- At this time we are currently renting with a 2 day minimum.We are offering highly discounted rates for weekly and monthly stays. The longer you stay the more you save. The Banbridge is ideally located to use as a base for exploring the entire island. Most of our favourite restaurants, scenic drives, and beaches are within a 15-45 minute drive of our property. Give yourself the time to travel slow and safe and really explore the beauty of this province.
- Reservations are required.
- Booking direct is recommended. It enables us to offer you the best rate and it saves us the commission that online travel agencies charge. As a small, independent business this makes a huge difference to us, and you – guests who book direct save at least 20% on average.
- Our apartments are self-catering and thoughtfully stocked with everything you need. It’s your home away from home. And just like at home, there is no housekeeping service during your stay. The kitchens in our apartments feature a full-size stove and fridge with freezer, coffee maker, kettle and toaster. You can travel with your own food and save money and time by preparing your own meals.
- Packages: Don’t want to waste precious vacation time in line-ups at the grocery and liquor stores? Let us custom stock your fridge with local produce, beverages and ready made meals. Please see our “Packages” page for more fun and contact us to reserve.
- Marvelous Mid-Century Modern Architecture: The convenience of 1960s travel is something to covet! Park your vehicle directly in-front of the verandah in front of your apartment door. Single entrance, private, safe, easy. No lugging luggage through lobbies, hallways and elevators!
- Self Check-In and Check-out. Quick, easy, streamlined. No front-desks but we’re still here if you need us. And we would love to meet and greet you in open-air while social distancing! We can provide virtual, over the phone, or heck – even snail mail concierge services and our amazing PEI travel tips.
The Provincial government requires all businesses to have a COVID19 operational plan. Our plan is a stringent one based on guidelines from the Provincial Government and Health and industry authorities.
Guest Apartments and Property Info:
- No sick guests or staff are permitted on the property as per Provincial Government and Health authorities. If you’re feeling unwell do not travel and call 811.
- Physical distancing and regular hand-washing are practiced by guests and staff.
- No same-day check-ins/Check-outs. After a guest checks out the apartments will be left empty for 48 hours before being thoroughly cleaned, disinfected and prepared for the next guest to check-in.
- Extraneous amenities will be removed from apartments ex: stationary, print magazines, alarm clocks, etc.
- Some of these amenities may be requested in advance and placed in your apartment for your stay. These items are thoroughly disinfected between use.
- No housekeeping service.
- No towel exchange. If you’d like an extra set of towels please request in advance.
- No in-room maintenance during your stay.
- Personal Protective Equipment worn by all staff and replaced when entering a new apartment.
- Enhanced cleaning and disinfection of all areas of the guest apartments and property, with extra disinfection of high-touch points.
- Use of government recommended disinfecting chemicals, proven effective in preventing the transmission of COVID-19.
- Check-in and Check-out
- Contactless self check in/out
- Keys may be left in a checkout box and are disinfected between use
- Email Invoices
- COVID-19 related training provided to all employees on cleaning, disinfection, health and safety
- Employees required to self-screen and sign-in before reporting to work
- Gloves worn as needed by department
- Masks worn as needed by department
- Promotion of frequent hand washing for employees
- Hand-washing and hand sanitizer available to employees throughout all work spaces and employee areas
- Physical distancing observed in employee areas and thorough cleaning and disinfection of employee areas
- Cleaning Logs maintained
If you have an questions about our operational plan please let us know.
We are navigating this together and doing everything we can to ensure you have a happy, healthy holiday.
Take Care and we look forward to welcoming you,
The Ferris Family,